Project Facts and Fees
- Duration: From 3rd of January to 22nd of December every year.
1 week= USD 350
2 weeks = USD 700
3 weeks = USD 1050
4 weeks = USD 1400
5 Weeks = USD 1750
6 Weeks = USD 2100
3 Months = USD 3680
- Requirements: age 18+ (Volunteers need to be 18 years or over to participate, unless volunteering with a parent or guardian).
- Location (Headquarters): Arusha, Tanzania
- Project activities: Teaching, grants round and business maturity assessment, medical treatments, renovation and construction etc.
- Working hours: Monday – Friday 8 hours per day approx. (depending on the size of the project).
During the weekends, volunteers have spare time and usually just relax and take the opportunity to explore other parts of their local town or do safari to closest destinations such as Manyara national park, Arusha national park, Tarangire national park, Serengeti national park, and Ngorongoro crater. Long weekends can be taken to travel further afield to destinations, such as Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam, Uganda and Kenya.
- Project Availability: Daily.
- Arrival day: Any day
What is included?
- Accommodation: Shared rooms in the volunteer house, dining room, lounge.
- Food: 3 meals a day, packed lunch at lunch times.
- –Breakfasts generally consist of chai (tea), milk tea, coffee, toast, eggs, fruits and maandazi (deep fried dough).
- –A typical lunch can include meat, beans and vegetables with mashed potatoes, fried
banana, rice, pasta and fruits.
- Dinner usually sees traditional foods, such as ugali, rice, lentils, chicken, chips mayai and
chapatti accompany the Meat and vegetables.
- –Bottled water and plastic water sachets are readily available in Tanzania.
- If you have any special dietary requirements, please let us know when you apply for the
program so we can make arrangements for you.
- Airport pick up and drop off from KIA (Kilimanjaro International Airport) to the volunteer house in Arusha.
- Training: Pre-departure info pack, orientation including health and safety briefing, introductory Swahili lesson twice per week.
- Support: 24 hours support.
- Transfers to the project.
- Phone Simcards. Both regular Simcards and nano Simcards will be provided for daily communications and network data usage.
- A Welcoming and goodbye dinner.
What is not included?
- Medical expenses.
- Wildlife and mountain adventure trips. (We can organize these trips for fair prices depending on the wishes of our volunteers).
- Weekend excursions can be arranged for an extra cost : This involves trips to lake Duluti, Arusha waterfall trips, coffee plantation tours, Arusha Natural History Museum visit, Kilimanjaro region trips to Chemka hot water spring, Kilimanjaro waterfalls at the foot of mount Kilimanjaro, Kilimanjaro mountain day trips, lake Chala camping, etc. Long weekends can be taken to travel further afield to destinations, such as Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam, Uganda and Kenya, or to embark on a safari.
*All volunteers in Tanzania will need to apply for a local permit once they arrive in the country. This currently ranges from US$250 based on where volunteers are located. While a Good Deeds Foundation staff member will assist with this process, the expense is not included in the Good Deeds Foundation prices and must be paid by the volunteer.
Orientation is done by our team at the volunteer house in Arusha. Orientation begins on the morning of your chosen start date. If your start date falls on a weekend or a public holiday, your orientation will begin on the Monday or day following the public holiday. Orientation covers everything you need to know for your volunteer program in Tanzania – Introduction to Tanzania, Tanzanian Customs, Rules and Expectations, Language Lessons (Kiswahili) Safety, Travel Opportunities in Tanzania, Introduction to your Project and Placement. The orientation will also give you a chance to meet other volunteers and swap contact details for weekend travel and socializing.
Fundraise for us:
The Good Deeds Foundation would love to ask all Volunteers who wish to work with us to run a small fundraiser that will help us carry out our missions. Our charity depend heavily on the money fundraised by volunteers and donations from whoever wants to support us in our missions on the ground. Running renovations, education and livelihood programs requires massive cash and we have no any other source rather than fundraiser and donations.
Fundraise amount: Any amount possible
Donation Amount: Any amount of money is acceptable
The volunteer fee for our projects not only covers your accommodation, all meals, transport and resources used while on project; but it also contributes to the development of new projects in communities and areas where help is needed, and gives us the ability to sustain our projects for the long-term. We also offer you 24 hour on the ground support and will collect you from the airport when you arrive and take you back when you leaves!
Things to Bring:
- Stationary stuffs such as note books, pens, pencils, crayons and colours.
- Stuffs for nursery kids such as stickers, balloons, alphabets and other nursery teaching materials.
- Sports things such as Frisbee, footballs, skipping ropes, basketballs etc
- Used clothes or shoes or anything that you can donate during our community donation drop programs.
N: B It is not compulsory to bring all of these things. We ask volunteers to bring anything that is within their ability.
Making a Payment / Donation
Volunteers pay their volunteer fee direct to The Good Deeds Foundation Arusha, Tanzania.
We recommend you do this in two payments; a deposit and then the final balance one month before departure.
IMPORTANT: put your name as reference so The Good Deeds Foundation can track the payment as yours.
The Good Deeds Foundation Bank Details
Bank Name: CRDB
Branch Name: CRDB Sekei
Account Name: The Good Deeds Foundation
Account No: 0150279118800
Swift Code: CORUTZTZ